May 25, 2016: Release of the Public School Choice 3.0. Request-for-Proposal application template
May 2016-September 2016: EXPLORATORY MEETINGS
- Voluntary exploratory meetings. During this time, the Office of Transformation and Innovation will be available to schedule initial meetings with potential Applicant Teams regarding the Public School Choice process. Please contact Mohammed Choudhury (Director, Office of Transformation and Innovation) for more information: email@example.com or (972) 925-3419
September 7, 2016: LETTERS OF INTENT DUE BY 5:00 pm.
- Note: the deadline has passed to submit the PSC 3.0 Letter of Intent (LOI). The district will not accept any late submissions at this stage. LOIs are required from all Applicant Teams in order to be eligible to submit a proposal into the PSC 3.0 competitive proposal selection process.
September 2016-December 2016: PROPOSAL DEVELOPMENT AND SUPPORT WORKSHOPS
- Series of workshops held by the Office of Transformation and Innovation about the proposal design and development process for Applicant Teams. Attendance is required for at least 3 different sessions
- Note: during this time, Applicant Teams will also be able to receive individual support on their draft proposal from the Dallas ISD Office Transformation and Innovation. Individual sessions will have to be booked in advance and will depend on availability. Please contact Mohammed Choudhury (Director, Office of Transformation and Innovation) for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org or (972) 925-3419
December 14, 2016: FINAL PROPOSALS DUE BY 5:00pm.
- Email completed Proposal Template to: email@example.com
- Note: final submissions must follow the required proposal guidelines and requirements and should include: (1) Copy of submitted Letter of Intent; (2) Completed Proposal Template; and (3) Attachments.
January 1, 2017 – January 31 2017: PROPOSAL SCORING AND SELECTION ROUNDS
- School Choice Committees (SCC) will convene to review and score written proposals
- SCC interviews Applicant Teams who make it out of the Written Review Round
- Superintendent's Panel reviews SCC recommendations and makes final selection
- Note: all Applicant Teams will be made aware of their status during the second week of February thru end of February 2017
February 2017: PLANNING RUNWAYS BEGIN FOR APPROVED PROPOSALS
- Transformation Schools begin planning for an August 2018 launch. Will receive intensive, individualized support from the Office of Transformation and Innovation
- Innovation Schools begin planning for an August 2017 launch. Will receive intensive, individualized support from the Office of Transformation and Innovation